Monday, January 7, 2013

Peppermint Christmas Gifts

Browsing around Pinterest before Christmas I found a couple cute ideas that I made for teachers and girlfriends. And it all starts with peppermint essential oil...
 
 
Up first is the Peppermint Sugar Scrubs.
You can find a million recipes on the Internet, I just did mine really simple mixing 2 cups sugar with 1 cup oil and adding 1 tsp of peppermint essential oil. To make the red just add a little food color and stir well.
I found the jars 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby, which was really good since I made 8 of these.
The left overs that didn't fit in the jars I gave to my girls and I have to say these feel really  good on dry winter skin!
 
 
 
Next I made some Peppermint Rice Heating Pads.
I found this tutorial on UCreate's 28 Last Minute Handmade Gifts from the Green Wife.
 
 
 
All you need is flannel, rice and peppermint essential oil.
Sew along the outside of the rectangle with right sides together, leaving an opening to pour in the rice. Flip inside out, pour in desired amount of rice and then pin all the way across to keep the rice in place while you sew. Continue making the desired size pockets.
 
 
I made one for myself also =) and I can attest to the rice holding the heat for quite a while and the peppermint oil adding a smoothing/calming effect.
 
Hope you all had a great holiday season!
~ Jessica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment