Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mad Hatter Party!!

So, my little sister turned 30!! and she threw herself a Mad Hatter Tea Party. I wanted to make the girls something special to wear to the party but not really a costume so that they could wear it other than just this one time. So here is what I came up with:
Inspired by the Queen of Hearts

Inspired by Alice herself


The boys were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.
Their hats were pretty easy, I just used some scrap fabic to make 5 triangles (size depends on the size of their head) and after sewing them together I just put the hat onto their heads and pinned it to fit exactly. Then I stuck a pipe cleaner with a cardboard propeller through the top.

and I went as the Mad Hatter... 

The hat was just made out of cardboard and covered with fabric. Not the most durable hat but I only needed it for the night!


Great fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment